Biofeedback falls under a larger category of therapies known as Mind-Body Medicine. Biofeedback is unique in that individuals learn how to modify their physiology (breathing, heart rate, etc.) to improve their physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Using technology such as HeartMath, biofeedback helps individuals increase conscious awareness of their bodies, behaviors, and thoughts while learning how to modulate them with ease.
Individuals learn how to mindfully navigate through life’s daily stressors and/or relate to their illness in a new empowering way.
Biofeedback has shown positive health effects on a variety of conditions. Common positive physiological effects of biofeedback include:
- Reducing pain levels including headaches
- Improving blood flow & oxygenation of tissues
- Improving performance whether its academic, athletic, & work
- Switching from an elevated sympathetic “fight, flight, or freeze” state to a more parasympathetic “rest, digest, heal” dominant state
- Improvement of digestion and mood
- Lowering blood pressure
- Reducing stress and anxiety
Schedule your first biofeedback appointment with us below or please contact us to determine if biofeedback is right for you!