Medic Ally was founded in January 2019 as a collaboration between Dr. Paul M. Despres and the founders of Sax Capital Partners, Noah Libby-Haines and Fil Asgedom. Motivated by past struggles with chronic disease and clinical success with natural therapies, Noah Libby-Haines and Dr. Despres are bringing the highest quality care available from all modalities of medicine to anyone suffering from illness and poor health. With a desire to address the pitfalls of conventional, allopathic medicine, Medic Ally passionately offers individualized care that emphasizes curative therapies over interventions that simply mask or mitigate symptoms.
Medic Ally’s healthcare approach is founded on seven principles of care:
- First do no harm – to avoid harming the patient we:
- Utilize methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects.
- Avoid, when possible, the harmful suppression of symptoms.
- Acknowledge and respect the individual’s healing process, using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat illness.
- Identify and treat the cause – we seek to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness, rather than eliminate or suppress its symptoms.
- Harness the healing power of nature – we recognize the body’s inherent self-healing ability, which is ordered and intelligent. We identify and remove obstacles to recovery and facilitate and augment this healing ability.
- Doctor = teacher – we educate the patient and encourage self-responsibility for health. We also acknowledge the therapeutic value inherent in the doctor-patient relationship.
- Treat the whole person – we treat each patient individually, taking into account his or her physical, mental, emotional state as well as genetic, environmental and social factors. Since total health includes spiritual health, we encourage individuals to pursue their own spiritual paths.
- Emphasize prevention – we emphasize disease prevention, assessment of risk factors and hereditary susceptibility to disease and make appropriate interventions to prevent illness. We seed to improve conditions through preventative measures so that we all may live healthier.
- Promote Wellness – wellness follows the establishment and maintenance of optimum health and balance. It is a state of being healthy and is characterized by positive emotion, thought and action. Wellness is inherent in everyone, no matter what the disease(s) he or she may have. If this fact is recognized and experienced by an individual, he or she will heal quicker than if the disease were only treated.
Medic Ally’s medical offerings include nutrient therapy, genetic counseling, behavioral medicine including biofeedback, pain management, detoxification, hydrotherapy, physical medicine, botanical medicine, and so forth, that promote wellness and pre-empt chronic disease. Medic Ally’s uniquely blends together proven traditional healing therapies with the latest medical research to provide high quality healthcare that meets the needs of its patients and evolves with the ever changing health and wellness business sector.